New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parker Shot gun Question
 Login/Join

posted
I was wondering what a Parker Shotgun is worth

There are a couple coming up in an auction in a month or so and I was wondering what the low end and top end of the pricing would be.

The one gun is a 12 gauge Parker with the serial number in the 5000 range

THe other is a 16 gauge Parker with a higher serial number

Any info would be great

Thanks

Andy

Posts: 12 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cowboy77845
posted Hide Post
Can not tell with out grade, condition, pictures,

Posts: 375 | Location: College Station, Tx | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Well lets just say it is in reasonably good shape both of them. I will not be able to see them untill auction day and it is not a gun auction but a farm auction and these two guns are there.

So if you guys could give me just an idea of what they would be worth in good shape and how about in poor shape that would be great

Posts: 12 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i would consider the 16 ga.. they can be the best balanced of all guages.. the 12 is for heavier shooting obviously, the 16 is usually lighter, smaller, handier.. my opinon only.. if you want to shoot geese of course the 12 (or 10)would be best.. in shotguns the 10 is the truck the 12 is inbetween or all around, and the 16 is the upland gun in my way of thinking.. the 16 is just delightfull in a quality piece..and when you retire,it will still be managable and probably your favorite as the big guns will not be as practicle as the years stack up in favor of the lighter guns.... .. good luck dave..

hunter, blackpowder shooter, photographer, gemology, trap shooter,duck hunter,elk, deer, etc..

Posts: 249 | Location: central montana | Registered: 17 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
without knowing the grade,condition, etc. they could be worth anywhere from $250 to $125,000. Don't expect any great deals at any auction with guns there. There just aren't any "sleepers" out there. Too many guys either collect, or think they can make a dollar by finding something at these auctions, and usually end up paying more than what it's worth.

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
check out http://www.doubleguns.com/site/amshots.htm
for some ideas on what good Parkers go for.
C.G.B.