New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winslow Rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know that the Winslow Rifles of the 1960's are not everyone's cup of tea -- the "Plainsmaster" stock was not only often gaudily decorated, its exaggerated lines were almost cartoonish. However, the Bushmaster stock was much more conventional, and sans the ivory inlays was an attractive and good-feeling stock. Regardless of whether a Winslow suited your taste, they were well-made guns with stocks exquisitely carved by the famed Nils Hultgren. Most of them used FN Mauser actions, but a few were built on Sako actions.

I recently acquired one of these Winslow's with the Bushmaster stock in apparently unfired condition, and with a serial number in the low 100's. It was made well before the company moved from its original Florida location. I'm wondering if there are still Winslow admirer/owners out there, and if so would you like to post a photo of your baby(ies)?

Having not shot this rifle, I can't comment on its performance, but would like to hear from those who do shoot a Winslow.

Any idea how many of them were ultimately built? I know that several were built as presentation pieces to celebrities; one newspaper article documents a Winslow made for President Lyndon Johnson and another for the Governor of Florida.

Posts: 13234 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ok, Stone......

Where's the pic of this new "find"???

Kevin

Posts: 409 | Location: The Republic Of Texas, USA | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote