Find
Notify
Tools

Steyr Mannlicher Model L Carbine - 6mm Remington
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
Stumbled upon one of these that caught my eye. It's in good+ condition, full-stock, double triggers, factor hammer-forged twist barrel, etc. The shop wants $975 and I doubt if they will wiggle much as they are currently cash flush with the recent AR panic buying.

Any truth to the legend that all the 6mm were special order and therefore 'rare'? I've owned a couple of the detachable rotary magazine rifles and have mixed feelings about them (accurate but too much plastic.)

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt, that's a good price on a full-stock Model L. Yes, Steyr seems to have been enamored of the 6mm Remington for some time. I had an older one marked 244 Remington, and have seen numerous Steyr rifles chambered in 6mm. I'd grab it if I was you...great little Whitetail caliber with 100gr bullets.

Posts: 20089 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a left handed Model "L" carbine in .30-06. I purchased it in Germany in 1978 when I was stationed there with the Army. It is quite accurate: < 1" with 165 grain or heavier bullets. It doesn't like light bullets (150 grain or lighter).

Posts: 258 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 27 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought the left-handeds were only offered in the "M" model.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote