New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester Model 70 value
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Am looking at a pre-64 in .264 win mag in excellent condition, supposedly unfired. Any ideas on what the market is bearing?
Thanks, Mike.

Posts: 140 | Location: Irmo, SC | Registered: 16 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are two different versions. The Westerner and the Featherweight. The Westerner I have seen sell for between 1000-1400 in the condiiton you describe...the featherweight generally about 20-30% less.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I was going to offer 1250., but let the deal pass. How can you tell if a rifle is "unfired" and then how do you keep yourself from firing it once you get it? These are the sort of problems I am privileged to have...

Posts: 140 | Location: Irmo, SC | Registered: 16 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike, the range congomike gave is about right for a mint condition standard. Alot would depend on the configuration. There are so many variables with the mod 70's.
I do disagree with congomike on the FW though. They will demand 20-40% more than a standard weight as there were only 3111 of the made and a factory/unaltered in mint condition will start around 1400 and go up from there.

I have several of the standard weight and am still looking for that minty FW Mad maybe someday!!!!

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I allways get a kick out of people who claim this gun has never been fired. If a firearm has a proof mark, it has been fired, and proof loads are very HOT. Modern firearms can be NIB (new in box), or NNB (new no box), but not UNFIRED.
Yes, you could argue that I am splitting hairs, but if you want me to pay a premium for an UNFIRED gun it had better be UNFIRED. I tend to stay away from people who make this claim because it is odvious that thay are trying to pull somthing to get me to spend MY money.
If my rant wasn't appropriate i'm sorry for that, that is one of my pet pives.
Thanks, Doug

Posts: 478 | Location: Central Indiana | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote