Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Styer Manlicher SL
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone have direction on finding information on a Styer Manlicher SL ?
I tried the Styer Club But had a hard time wading through their site. and it seems it is mostly pistols.
Rifle is a Styer Manlicher Puch 222 Rem Dbl set trigger spoon bolt looks like a hammered barrel and a four place serial number.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have basically the same gun in 30.06. It was a GI bringback, no import marks. I have the original redfield rings and bases, which I think are worth $300 by themselves. Mine also has what looks to be the original Leupold scope. I bought it for $1000 here two years ago, and it seems to sell for $1200 to $1500. It was a $1000 rifle new. Smooth action. Very accurate. Hammer forged barrel.
I have two reprinted color advertising brochures that I bought somewhere on line. They show the entire line, show the options, and the pricing back then. If you want them for $15 shipped, let me know.
I am sure that your internet search showed that Puch made funny little cars, delivery vans, and bicycles. (I owned a racing Puch bike in 1982.)
You do not see a lot of these, nothing on gunbroker for the past 30 days or currently. Definitely a gun to hold on to. The lux "L" model was several thousand dollars back then, quite a fortune at the time. You could have bought a new car, or very nice used car for that much then. Lux models will fetch $2 k or more now.

Posts: 498 | Location: Seacoast NH | Registered: 01 October 2007Reply With Quote