Find
Notify
Tools

Brownings
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Sue
posted
Jim and I have three Brownings we are still interested in selling. There is one Citori and two "autos" with super low serial numbers (single digits).

We have tried to find a reputable auction house but so far no luck. One low-balled the value for out-right purchase probably so they could turn around and sell to a private collector for closer to the actual value.

Does anyone know of a good place that can determine the true value and then have access the right pool of buyers?

Posts: 276 | Location: VA/WV borderlands | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's what GB's page on the Citori looks like - http://www.gunbroker.com/All/B...ords=browning+citori

GB is what many buyers and commission sales places go by. It's one thing they look at.

By studying it enough, you can pick your own value. And remember, there's a difference between asking price and a final sales price. Many go without any bids.

They obviously have the pool of buyers you asked about.

Incidentally, "true value" can vary all over the place. For instance, my Browning BSS grade II brought more at a local store than it might have in another part of the country. Why? This is a big duck hunting area and the gun was perfect for that. Of course, I had to pay a commission...

One of Us
Picture of Sue
posted Hide Post

Posts: 276 | Location: VA/WV borderlands | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote