THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUN COLLECTING FORUM

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

manufacture date ID by serial number - source?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What would be the best, most comprehensive, source of information to identify the manufacture date of guns by the serial number? I own many guns but have never really looked into the original manufacture date of all of them. I assume this can be done fairly easily with a serial number. What is the best source for looking this information up?

Posts: 62 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida, USA | Registered: 23 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 2 small, 3"X5"ish, books I picked up at a gunshow years ago, one for Colt and one for Winchester.
Fits in a shirt pocket so easy to carry w/you when shopping clap

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.oldguns.net/
Look toward the bottom of the left column. It won't date every gun you own, but its a start.

The tree huggers are out there. They can't be reasoned with, they can't be bargained with... they don't feel pity or remorse or fear...and they absolutely will not stop. Ever.

Posts: 236 | Location: Adirondack Mountains of NY | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RVL III:
I have 2 small, 3"X5"ish, books I picked up at a gunshow years ago, one for Colt and one for Winchester.
Fits in a shirt pocket so easy to carry w/you when shopping clap

Yeah, those are handy, as long as you're looking for a Colt or Winchester.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote