New
Find
Notify
Tools

Auction Arms or Gunbroker
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am curious to see which gun auction site people prefer and why. Auction Arms, Gunbroker or some other?

Marshall Jones

Posts: 192 | Location: Redding, CA | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
If you are selling, you might prefer GunBroker because of their 15 minute rule (auction doesn't end til 15 minutes after last bid) which eliminates "sniping". GunBroker has more listings than AuctionArms which can make it more competitive for sellers. I like both, mostly for buying. If you have a firm price in mind you might try GunsAmerica. Whichever site you choose make sure you include good pics with your ad.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KennethI
posted Hide Post
Both Auction Arms and Gunbroker have a nice selection of firearms. I enjoy browsing through the listings on both sites. However, I mostly use the internet to buy reloading components so I spend more of my time on Gunbroker. The have a MUCH bigger selection of components.

Posts: 238 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like gunsamerica best.I have gotten some real junk on gunbroker.com.I have used gunsamerica the lkast 7 years with all good results.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Becareful of AuctionArms they give out your info when you join the site . You will recieve alot of spam after that. It's i the sign up clause.

The second thing is if defalt on your first
auction you are out no mater what or who's at fault. I know the guy I was buying a rifle did't answer my email so the said I did/nt buy the gun after bidding, but at the same time I bought $1300 blaser stock off another seller on the AutionArms site.The administrator did want any explanation he said it was my doing not the seller.I have sold and bought many things off Gunbroker without a problem.

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GunBroker gets my vote.

LLS

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used and purchased off of all three. Gunsamerica, Gunbroker, and Auctionarms. I believe Gunbroker generally gets more traffic and has more stuff. It's just plain bigger. So if I had to pick any one site, I think that would be it. Auctionarms would be last pick but that's more for asthetic reasons than anything else. The site design sucks. They need to hire a real web developer to do a ground-up revamp.

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote