Find
Notify
Tools

Clark Gable Gun Collection
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted
I just read a blurb that stated that Clark Gable had a gun collection valued at more than one half million dollars when he died in 1960.
States: "At the time of his death, his gun collection was valued at half a million dollars. He had a special gun room in his house filled with gold-inlaid revolvers, shotguns and rifles."
Anyone know any details of exactly what he had in this collection?

Lord, give me patience 'cuz if you give me strength I'll need bail money!!
'TrapperP'

Posts: 3742 | Location: Moving on - Again! | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When Chuck was still alive he had several Clark Gable shotguns in his shop. He assembled 1 from a cased pair of H&H 12ga's & let me throw it to my sholdier knowing that there was no way I could think of buying it. There was also a m12 Skeet grade in 12ga. that he said was from Clark Gable. As you know Chuck & now Jack's word is gold.

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted Hide Post
Oh, yes, Jack is the current Pres of the GA Arms Collectors Assoc and does a fantastic job! Also, I have wondered for years what happened to the the Winchester collection that belonged to 'Jack' Daniel at the old Sportsman's Paradise, especially his beloved 'little Winchesters,' the model 92's. He had a bunch of them, for sure, as well as many other Winchester lever guns.

'TrapperP'

Posts: 3742 | Location: Moving on - Again! | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted Hide Post
Still looking, still finding bits and pieces of info re his collection. For instance, here is some info on his Crown Grade "Sweet Elsie":
http://www.nrapublications.org/first%20freedom/LCguns1.asp
I can only imagine how a gun like that would shoulder!

'TrapperP'