New
Find
Notify
Tools

savage 24s-d
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i have a savage 24s-d. called savage arms and they said it was to old and not in there memory bank. so this thing must be older than it looks. condition is very good. no serial no on it which savage said was not required if made before 64. it is a 22mag with 20 guage. any input. age, history, how many made, value, good or bad.
thanks ron
rdomench@gbis.com

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
The 24 has been made many years. I got one as a 'first gun' in 1968. To age the gun, check the location of the opening lever. It moved around from side to top during the years. There have been many made over the years. I would not have a clue on value-- the new ones are relatively expensive. Maybe someone who knows more will speak up.

Posts: 5700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this is the only modle which i found with the opening lever on the side. when you have something like this and the manufacture has nothing on there files you get curious. i found a couple on gun broker with the opening on the side which also was a 24s-d
thanks for the info but still trying. might have to buy a new book or just go to barns and noble and look it up