Find
Notify
Tools

Need Buttstock for 1893 Marlin in 38-55
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted
Anybody got any ideas? I would prefer an original.

Posts: 1963 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
I wish you the best of luck. 25 years ago, I had a Marlin 1893 in .38-55 and needed a new stock. Only Fajen could come up with one. Fajen is no more... [Frown]

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Precision Gun Stocks...www.precisiongunstocks.com lists reproduction stocks for the Marlin 1893. If you can't find an original, you might give them a try. Hope this helps...

Posts: 1645 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Frank,

It won't be an original,,but a new one is better than a broken old one, or none at all.

Try www.boydboys.com they make a lot of stocks including wood stocks that you have to finish for the old lever guns among others.

prices are ridiculously reasonable in this day and age. if you are not handy in wood refinishing, I am sure a good gun smith or antique person can make the wood look like it is 1893 all over again.

Good luck.

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gunparts.com ?? derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Frank, I have an original that I took off my 1893 a few years ago. It is pretty sound overall but the wood is a little soft near the buttplate. The buttplate is a flat steel (not crescent rifle style) buttplate and is a bit rusty. If you're interested, let me know. Terry.

Posts: 19 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2003Reply With Quote