New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: drilling
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
That is a VERY nice one and in fabulous condition, mine is a 1984 vintage Merkel in 12-12-9.3x74r, not nearly as beautiful as yours, but, it shoots, boy, does it shoot! I almost always hunt with my driling or my Browning O/U in .308-12ga. in the early Grouse-Deer season and I have "made meat" with both of them....which is why I bought them.

Posts: 1379 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 02 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cordell
posted Hide Post
Hi ffffg,
Nice drilling, I know you are going to enjoy it. I have two of my own and still think they are a very practical hunting weapon. Take care and God bless.

cordell

Posts: 336 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is one beautiful gun. The engraving is superb and the condition is far better than mine.

My drilling is the most effective gun that I have. I carry it more in the fall than any other and it's the most prized. I have used it since 1968 and every time that I carry it I am thankful.

My Sauer is a 16X16X8X57JR. The shotgun chambers are long for any shells here. It weighs seven pounds and I have two scopes. One is a 4X Hensolt and the other a 1X Weaver. My shotgun barrels shoot slugs right on at 50 yds also.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i have one nice gun to show.. lots of old features, krup steel, basket weave buffalow horn butt cap, greener crossbolt, 1926 suel made, cocking indicators,flip up rear blade sight, 16x 16x 2 1/2 x 8.7x72r(.360cal) 200 grain gas checked bullet about 1500 feet per second,. deep relief engraving is crisp, bluing 90-95 percent, shot a 96 with her this summer over a 4 dayperiod but in sequence,. weighs about 7- 7.5 lbs. modified/ full, shoot likea dream.. has screw set on front trigger, blue shell and long skinny shell next to it is the rifle shell. other shells are 12ga, 45-70, and 300 mag... http://www.geocities.com/funkyjs/Gun.html dave

Posts: 249 | Location: central montana | Registered: 17 June 2004Reply With Quote