New
Find
Notify
Tools

Military 1911 Experts/Collectors?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The widow of a local Korean War vet asked me to help move out his firearms, and 3 are 1911 pistols. One is a Series 70 with some target modifications, but the other 2 are US ARMY, and the frames appear to be National Match, with the SA (Springfield Armory) stamp, the T for Target, the NM on the trigger guard, stippled grips, etc. Both frames show the proof initials of FJA (Frank J Atwood of Ithaca). One of these has an aftermarket target slide by Clark Heavy Slides, and a Bomar rib on top of that. However, the best one looks to be all original, with the NM 7791735 slide from Colt Mfg, the 7267718 NM front bushing, and 45 Auto, NM 7791414, and the same serial number as the frame on the barrel as seen through the ejection port.

I'd like to price these as accurately as possible to help out the widow. If you deal in or collect this type of weaponry, shoot me a PM with your advice....I'd appreciate it.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote