New
Find
Notify
Tools

A hunting supergrade M 70?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a pre 64 supergrade 30-06 I'm thinking of parting with.
It's had a pad put on it, and D&T for a cursed sidemount everyone seem to put on. Nice shape overall though. I guess I consider it a very nice hunting gun. What kind of price should I put on it? Thanks

Posts: 941 | Location: VT | Registered: 17 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$550 to $750

Posts: 265 | Location: Hammertown, USA | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Tsj

Id look for a stock and a mount of that period and keep it.

cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
If it has been D&T for a G&H side-mount, by all means I'd find a G&H double-lever mount and put it back to work. I used to have a bobbed barrel pre-war M70 (18" .375 H&H) that was on its third barrel when I sold it in 1966. It spent almost all it's life working in the Alaskan coastal bush, and that mount never failed; was never a problem of any sort. Used to carry the scope under my Mackinaw in the rain. Slap it back on, turn each lever half a turn, and ready to go to work.

May look less than fancy-dancy to modern shooters, but those things (both rifles and scope mounts) sure as heck work!!

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have my favorites, and, this just isnt one of them. Someone I'm sure would love it just to have for their hunting rifle.

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
still have it?

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yup,
send me a private message with your e-mail and I'll try to send a picture if youd like to see it.

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
TSJ

You have a pm.

Cal30