Find
Notify
Tools

old Winchester 94 value
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi guys,
I need to find a value for a 94 Win .30/30 or at least an approximation. I will have to look at the serial again, but seems I remember it was about 100 years old. Anyway, it has Extra finish wood, Takedown, 1/2 Magazine, Rapid-taper barrel (Pencil), Double Set Trigger, Express sights, and Winchester Swivel Eyes. Its in very good condition. I know there must be some knowledgeable Winchester guys here. I am not asking for an exact #, just a ballpark of what I should ask for the gun

Gimme Back My Bullets!!!!
The Paterfamilias of Modern Squirrel Hunting

QSMA President and Squirrel World Record Holder. 1.96 B&S

NRA Life Member/Desoto Rifle and Pistol Club

Posts: 82 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Try the message board on http://www.winchestercollector.org

They'll ask you right off the bat to post photos, so be sure to have some ready.

http://www.msu.edu/~muell132/Winchester.htm
Interested in Winchester Self Loading Rifles, Ammunition, Parts, and More. 32 WSL, 35 WSL, 351 WSL, and 401 WSL cartridges.

Posts: 9 | Location: MI | Registered: 28 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got $500 from a dealer for a takedown 94 rifle with normal sights and a shotgun butt in the takedown version. It's 30 WCF bore was rotten.

The blue was about 50% with almost no rust. The stock finish was quite good and the rifle seemed all orginal.

Your seems to have more features than mine. Mine was a very old one however at 110 years.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Impossible to tell without knowing the condition.....your rifle has some unusual features....to say the least....assuming it is a Deluxe and original it will bring $2,000 and up.......condition is everything and 1894s with the options you describe, in NRA VG and above shape will bring far more than $2,000.....

Posts: 128 | Location: western PA | Registered: 02 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Harry? derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 32 WinSpcl my dad gave me. He bought it as a kid nearly 60 years ago; it's almost 100 years old, too. It will never be sold.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote