THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUN COLLECTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gun Collecting    Very cool pistol at auction from failed Northfield Minn Bank Robbery......

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Very cool pistol at auction from failed Northfield Minn Bank Robbery......
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
quote:
Starr Revolver # 27613, having belonged To Bill Chadwell, Bank Robber, James Gang. On September 7, 1876, the Jesse James / Younger gang failed an attempt to rob the First National Bank of Minnesota at Northfield. The first gang member to be shot dead in the street was William Chadwell. His pistol was taken and given to Mr. Phillips, President of the bank. It was shown in his office as a reminder of the consequences of robbery and the gun is in mint condition, it is expected to sell for $8,000 to $12,000. (Photo courtesy Guernsey’s)

My guess is that it will handily exceed estimates. It would be very cool to own, but it will almost certainly be out of my price range.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote