New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hi Wall Value
 Login/Join

posted
Gentlemen:
I have a three digit Hi Wall in 32-20 that is the first gun of the second year of production. NRA condition is 95 - 96% in my opinion and that of a few others.
It is all original as far as I can deduce. The only question is the rear buck horn. History says begining the second year, Win used an adjustable, screw lock blade on the buckhorn. This one has a solid, non adjustable.
My question is your opinions of it's value.

Thanks

Alan

Posts: 29 | Location: NH | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am no expert but I would bet the sight is original, particularly is the same sight had been used in the previous year. Gun companies are notorious for using up old parts before making a change so I can't imagine winchester would be the exception to this rule. As for value, I have no clue but you might look at the "blue book" for a general idea.

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Might check out gunsamerica.com

Posts: 72 | Location: Flagstaff, Arizona USA | Registered: 27 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A highwall in 95% condition will fetch about $3500.00 max.....It is unusual to find one at 95% of new....Average highwalls bring $1500 to 2000. max...yours is not average by a long shot.

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote