New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester Mod. 670
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A friend of mine has a Winchester Mod. 670 bolt action in .270 with an old Weaver steel tube scope (7x20 I think). The scope is original from when the gun was purchased. The blue is use worn but no rust. He has no idea how old it is and since I have never seen a Mod. 670 he was wondering if anyone could give him an idea when Win. stopped making this model and if it has any value.

Thanks

Dennis

Posts: 321 | Location: Tulsa, Ok. | Registered: 27 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
The 670 was a "price line" rifle. They function just fine but aren't high end collectors. There is probably somebody out there stockpiling them but can't imagine them selling for over $400.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisF:
The blue is use worn but no rust. He has no idea how old it is and since I have never seen a Mod. 670 he was wondering if anyone could give him an idea when Win. stopped making this model and if it has any value.

With significant blue wear and a hardwood stock, I'd say the rifle would bring no more than $300 -- and that would have to be from an end user and not a middleman.

The 670 was produced beginning in the mid-60's and had been replaced by sometime in the early 70's with a slightly upgraded "Model 70A" which was virtually identical except for having an actual walnut stock. Winchester may have made a version of the 670 for Sears or Monkey Wards or some other retailer under their store brand sometime after it dropped the 670 from its own line.

There was also a 670A (another recent AR thread), but I don't know what the differences might have been.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies

Dennis

Posts: 321 | Location: Tulsa, Ok. | Registered: 27 June 2001Reply With Quote