THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUN COLLECTING FORUM

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Model 88 Winchesters...Year of Manufacture?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi all-

I would like to find out the year of manufacture for three 88's that I have had for a while-

Serial No. 118xx

206xx

1183xx

They are not in collectible condition, but all seem to funtion fine (I wouldn't call them "beaters"; they are nearly fifty years old and have been hunted with).

One has a Lyman peep with a blank in the rear sight dovetail slot. This one has a pad added; the stock was not cut. The youngest one has a steel tube 4X Weaver in the Weaver tip-off base, the rear sight is stock. The middle gun has the original rear sight with the hood still on the front sight.

Any help with aging them and approximate value would be appreciated. They are for sale.

They are all .308.

Thaks, Bob

Posts: 120 | Location: El Dorado, Arkansas, USA | Registered: 06 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob:

The following link should provide you with the year of manufacture for your model 88s:

http://armscollectors.com/sn/winlookup.php?file=winxx88.dat

My first centerfire rifle was an 88 carbine in .243 - wish I was smart enough to have kept it.

Posts: 226 | Location: Western Maryland | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Many thanks, pagris.

Bob

Posts: 120 | Location: El Dorado, Arkansas, USA | Registered: 06 January 2002Reply With Quote