New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old German .22 RF S.Shot.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone know about this little old piece?
Action has a large BSW, and SUHL, and something like Prazifions Karabiner and proof marks.

Barrel is about 24" marked FLUSS-STAHL KRUPP-ESSEN. KAL. 22 LONG RIFLE and 5.4mm and also the same proof marks.

Bolt has a spoon type handle flat on top rounded
underneath, with a plunger type ejector and a half-moon extractor attatched to the action.

Whole thing has a sporter look, not a Mil type trainer.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JAL,
I have one also except for the bolt. Sure wish I had the bolt as it seems to be a very well made rifle.
It is a single shot with an ovel shaped port on top where (I believe) you just drop in a round of ammo.
Mine does not list a caliber except on the right side of the barrel is stamped FLOBERT. The only times that I have seen that term used is on CB & BB cap ammo. A long rifle round will not chamber and that is all I have.
The front receiver ring is marked MOD 315.

Hipshot

P.S. As I was typing this I remembered that I had some BB caps in the basement---they don't even come close to fitting in the barrel, so the rifle must be around 19 or 20 caliber.

Posts: 1829 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, sounds a fair bit different, this one has been fired recently with .22LR, and has a very large ejection port.

I thought Flobert was more of a brand name, but definatly asocciated with the BB & CB.

John L.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And, seeing as I thought I was locked out of AR
I had a look around rimfirecentral.com and somewhere down the list under "strange rifles" was a feller had a post 28th.June 2008 (today here), with a Flobert RF, no seperate breech block, (presumably no bolt), and cocking the hammer exposed the chamber for loading.

The mainspring and hammer weight was apparently all that stopped the case from blowing out.

Worth a look as there is a nice pic of a 7shot volley rifle. I think all 7 go off at the same time.
Be sure to come back to AR though. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hipshoot:
JAL,
I have one also except for the bolt. Sure wish I had the bolt as it seems to be a very well made rifle.
It is a single shot with an ovel shaped port on top where (I believe) you just drop in a round of ammo.
Mine does not list a caliber except on the right side of the barrel is stamped FLOBERT. The only times that I have seen that term used is on CB & BB cap ammo. A long rifle round will not chamber and that is all I have.
The front receiver ring is marked MOD 315.

Hipshot

P.S. As I was typing this I remembered that I had some BB caps in the basement---they don't even come close to fitting in the barrel, so the rifle must be around 19 or 20 caliber.

Hipshot,

you are saying that on your gun there is no caliber stated. That's not true. FLOBERT is the caliber. It engages a 4mm projectile which is propelled by only the primer gases. It does not have any further propellant in the case. Oh, and it is a rimfire.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here I have some more info:

BSW stands for "Berlin-Suhler Waffen- und Fahrzeugwerke Simson & Co."

The company was founded in 1856 as "Simson" in Suhl. In 1934 it was annected by the Nazis and renamed to BSW. After WWII the production facilities formed part of the reperation payments to Russia and the company was then integrated into SAG Awtowelo (AWO), a Russian coorporation.

By the way, Simson (and later BSW) also produced bicycles, moter bikes and even cars.