Find
Notify
Tools

Cogswell & Harrison records.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi folks,

My wife bought herself a C&H in .300 H&H. A slick handling little rifle. The barrel is marked with a Picadilly address, which I think means a pre-WWII manufacturing date. I'm wondering who might have access to C&H's records. Might be a bit of a story to go along with the rifle.

Cheers,
Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
If you e-mail them at info@cogswell.co.uk with the serial number they should be able to help you out. Might cost you a couple of bucks.

A previous owner on my C&H provided me a letter from them that had the early history of the rifle.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve,

I tried that and got no reply. I was surprised to find an operating C&H website, I had assumed that they were out of business.

Thanks,
Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
I'll at the letter when I get home and give you an address.

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are slow in responding to emails. I would just call them on the phone and they will give you the completion date of your rifle if it is in their records. A personal check in US dollars will buy the complete letter( I forgot the total price 70-75 dollars?). The only records lost over the years are on some rifles. Michael Cooley is the owner and he is very nice about speaking with owners of their products.

Mike Davis
DRSS

Posts: 167 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've finally got around to calling C&H and can't get through. Is the number on their website current?

Dean

-Edward, Duke of York

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dean, Yes it is correct. I spoke with Michael Cooley about an hour ago.

Mike Davis
DRSS

Posts: 167 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

My phone liked the number you sent better than the one I was trying. I spoke with Mike Cooley and got things going. Thanks for your help.

Dean

-Edward, Duke of York