Find
Notify
Tools

A5 Values?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted
Have been interested in A5s for a long time, but haven't picked one up yet. Seems like about 10-12 years ago they were much cheaper.

I go to Cabela's stores locally a bit and they used to be around $500-600 for decent one, but now asking prices are usually a grand or more. My guess is that steel shot couldn't be used, as I still see some nice Winchester Model 12s for cheap, but are A5s getting more collectible?

A small shop has a really nice Light Twelve Belgium mfg. round knob stock/vent rib for $599, so maybe time to take the plunge, but thought I'd check what others are seeing in their localities...

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
My first shotgun was a brand new Browning Auto 5 Light Twelve purchased for me by my father in 1964. Still have it; still shooting it. I'm 72 now and it will long outlive me. I have a stable of Browning Auto 5's, Citoris, Superposeds, BPS Pumps, and a significant assortment of Browning Gold Hunters. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You better grab that light 12 !

Hang on TITE !!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here are a few up for auction. Like most things, it is condition, condition, condition. With field loads and the proper brake setting, they are a pleasure to shoot. To me, the 16 gauge versions are the best proportioned and tend to be mild kickers.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/S...h=25&refine=&start=1

Posts: 3682 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I go to Cabela's stores locally a bit and they used to be around $500-600 for decent one, but now asking prices are usually a grand or more.

Asking price is one thing.

What you offer and what they well take is another.

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have an A5 Magnum I could do without. Has choke tubes...28 or 30" barrel I forget.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
I have an A5 Magnum I could do without. Has choke tubes...28 or 30" barrel I forget.

How much?

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1546 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote