Find
Notify
Tools

Browning Automatic-5 Trap Model
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted
At a point in my life I got stupid and sold my A-5 12 ga with it super tight 32 inch barrel and monte carlo stock of figured walnut. I have spent some time trying to even see a picture that resembles my factory fresh long shotgun. What do you know of the shotgun and have you seen many. There were discontinued in 1971.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it had a 32" bbl it was probably an A5, Standard. Raised and vent rib barrel were options. I've seen a few 32" A5's over the years, all with the standard issue stock and the plain or knob grip. Can't say about the Monte Carlo stock. I've never seen one on an A5 and all the info I have on the various A5's makes no mention of a factory MC stock.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have owned/own several A5's over the years, including one w/ 32" barrel, vent rib, but no monte carlo stock. It's a magnum version, very heavy as set up, but a fine shotgun in all respects as all A5's are including the Japaneese mfg. ones. Not aware of an A5 designated as "trap," but could well be out there????

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
This was stamped "Trap" on the left side and the stock had FN markings under the pad on the butt. It was not a Magnum version. In fact it would cycle the lightest loads I could find, but anything over 3 1/4 dram would pound against the back. I was told it was a 60s limited addition gun, but I would love to own none again. I remember seeing one in Gun Digest or a similar book when I was young and that is what sparked me to buy that one, but I got into waterfowl hunting and steel shot wasnt an option for the gun.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I remember back in 86 I needed some money and sold my A5 12 ga with vent rib for 200.00 It had a 30" full choke. Sure wish I could find one to replace it. I told a couple of friends since then and they told me I could have borrowed some money, didnt need to sell a gun.

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote