Find
Notify
Tools

GP 35 WaA Markings slide sight
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Dear friends!

I have been away for some time, had other troubles ...

Today a chance arose: a friend of my father offered me his two pistols, because of his age.

One is a HP 35, made in Herstal, No 1187XX, with WaA 140 Markings, indicating German service. Also there are some eagle with cross markings. In the holster with mag pouch attached to top of holster there is: ftc 1941, eagle, WaA 182. Spare mag is included. The gun has a tapered front sight and a slide rear sight calibrated to 500 m. One rust spots but mostly blued. Trigger acceptable, gun is as tight as best new ones ( SIG ). Barrel rather bright, gun seems not to be shot much. Mag catch, mag safety, safety, all works. The slide stop and plug within recoil spring with hole in it seem rather feeble compared to a 1911, is this usual? There seem to be a lot of fitting and file work done, gun is "sleek". The extractor is like a 1911�s, not external. There is a round hammer and no loaded round indicator. The safety still goes "hard", seems not to be used much.

With > 50 rounds ball and SP gun functioned perfectly. Only problem: if empty and slide is released from stop, hammer will drop sometimes to safety notch. Will not happen during firing and chambering. There looks not much wear on the gun, is there some spring possibly too weak from storage ( long time since 41 - marking on holster ). What keeps up that sear, if that is what holds the hammer and is touched by the walking beam in the slide? The walking beam rattles if gun is disassembled, should there be a spring which resets it quickly?

I think I can get this gun for around � 75 - Your opinions?

Second gun is an unusual one: 6,35 mm, Steyr, with a pop up barrel, I think without external hammer. There is some kind of "window", meaning one can look through the gun sideways when cycling. I am not interested in that caliber and gun. Owner will take � 100 for both, but I�m not sure I have two free places on permit, and even if, I don�t want to have not one place left for that opportunity of a lifetime ;.)

Any hints what to do?

Good Shooting, Hermann
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote