New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pre '64 300 H&H
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For the gentlemen who know, I have a Pre '64 300 H&H (1957). Shoots great, 1/2" with irons at 50 (can't see further!). What might the reduction in value be for: polished bolt handle and polished/reblued action (screws not dished)? % would be OK. Thanks, I appreciate your input. Arthur Olds

Posts: 201 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends on condition of the rest of it, but once you re-blue the action and polish the bolt handle it loses all collector's value. Even so, the H&H magnum actions sell for up to $900+ these days so that would be your base price.

One of Us
Picture of tek4260
posted Hide Post
I just recently sold a Pre 64 300 H&H wearing a VX-III Leupold(brand new). The action and barrel were nearly perfect and the wood had old handling marks and a few average dings. I finally managed to get $1500 for it on a local forum. I had carried it to a few shows and got lots of tire kickers and offers. I think they are worth more as shooters than they will bring if you try to sell them, at least here in MS.

There is a picture of the rifle in this post after the wood was refinished

I forgot, pre-73 shooters were smarter than us later vintage shooters. Oh well, they had better Rugers :?

Posts: 60 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 06 June 2012Reply With Quote