New
Find
Notify
Tools

Value of Texas State Guard Rem 870
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Several years ago I bought a 12 ga. Remmington 870 riot packed in cosmoline (it took all day and a gallon of kerosine to remove it) that had been the property of the Texas State Guard. I bought it at a gunshop that had rows and rows of them, all wrapped in wax paper. It has a metal plate on the pistol grip with "State of Texas" and a rack or inventory number. It appears to have never been shot, and I have never shot it. It is like NIB, and am wondering if it would command a higher price due to it being a "quasi-martial" arm? Does anyone know the value of one, and/or a collector of these weapons?
Thanks for the help.
Good luck and good shooting,
Eterry

Good luck and good shooting.
In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
I have no Idea about value but since the State Guard meets once a year probably unfired.Let me restate,at one time it was once a year. Am intrested in where bought and how much.Any more around?
Thanks
Gene

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Invader66, I bought it around 1997 at a gun shop in Wichita Falls, was told the Guard rotated their stock every 25-30 years. There was also a large selection of Winchester model 1300 packed in cosmoline. They are all long gone and the shop has changd hands several times since then. Hope that helps.
Good luck and good shooting,
Eterry

Good luck and good shooting.
In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
If I was looking at it on a gun rack I might pay an additional $50 for it only because I have Texas roots going back to when the Spanish
still owned the land. A lot of people assume that department owned guns have been thrashed and the value can sometimes be lower.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
I have one from austin that is a win 1200 mine also has a sticker on the reciever that says property of adjutant general state of texas with the state seal.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote