THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Mike Fedora was at our shoot

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mike Fedora was at our shoot
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We put on our annual shoot last weekend for the Alberta Traditional Bowhunters Association. Of course it was a ton of work to pull off and I got hooked into cooking for a crowd of 130 or so.

The best part was that Mike Fedora and his lovely wife came to do some shooting coaching for us. What a great couple, both over 70 and they wanted to help me in the kitchen in addition to all they were doing already.

Mikes method of coaching is so personable and fun that you almost don't realize he's molding you to his method until you realize you've reduced your groups from 4 inches to 2 inches.

I'm already an above average shooter archer but I had to really work to get to that point. Some of the newer shooters were blown away with how accurately they were shooting in such a short period of time.

We've been lucky as an organization, we've had Monty Browning and the Fedoras come up to Canada and do talks for us. It's nice to see people who are willing to "pay foward" to the bowhunting crowd.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I first heard of Mike and his bows when I read Dan Bertalens book Traditional Bowyers of America.Is Mike and his son still making bows?Back then his son was just getting into building bows with him at their shop in Pa.Of all in Dan's book Mike's recurve was about the fastest and smoothest drawing of the bunch.If you haven't read it I'd suggest picking up a copy.

Posts: 369 | Location: Adirondacks | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They still make bows and still claim to have the fastest, around 200-212. He's a heck of a coach and if anyone is interested in becoming the best they can I'd suggest some lessons with him-if you're in his neighbourhood. I think I'll pick up that book, thanks for the info.

One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reference to Dan's book, Bernie. I was unaware of it. tu2

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote