Find
Notify
Tools

David Quinn's New Recurves
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted
Last week David Quinn gave me a chance to shoot and take pictures of some of his new bows. He has been re-tooling his shop for the last 9 months where builds his bows and has made some changes to his bow line. Here are some pictures of his wooden handle Longhorn and metal handle Stallion.

The Longhorn handle has Actionwood in front of the laminate stringers and sold wood behind. He has Actionwood in Brown, Gray and Green. And he’s putting either PurpleHeart or Bubinga behind the stringers on the back of the riser. The limbs come with either brown or black glass, or clear glass over Bubinga. All the hunting limbs have PurpleHeart wedges.

The Stallion metal handle comes painted either brown or black and comes with the same limb combinations as the Longhorn.

I’ve been shooting the 64†brown Stallion in the pic all this week and it is as smooth and as fast or faster than my Partners(Palmer) (they are both 55#@31â€)

Here’s a picture of his longer riser target bow, the Comet XL. This one is 66â€

He just got the website re-built and up yesterday

Quinn's Archery

one of us
posted Hide Post
CJ, Thanks for posting this info. I am in the market for a new recurve, I sent my PSE back to the factory last summer and it disappeared. PSE claim to never have recieved it. I like the Stallion, any idea on a price?

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted Hide Post
kudu56: I like the Stallion, any idea on a price?

I really like the Stallion too. That brown one with the 64" limbs is mine. It's 55# @31".
The Stallion with the clear glass over the Bubinga limbs is called the Stallion Classic and retails for $220. With the brown or black glass on the limbs it sells for $200. The handle is also available in black.

BTW- the Longhorn with black or brown glass on the limbs sells for $275 and the Longhorn Classic with the clear glass over Bubinga sells for $350