New
Find
Notify
Tools

Building a Tree Stand
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've been making a wooden deer stand and finally got it finished today. It is 20 feet high, supported by three trees, and the platform is about 36" by 48" with a rail around it and a trap door.
I never thought it would be so hard to make. I enjoy woodworking and have made several wooden porch decks, handicap ramps, etc. But it's different when you have to carry all the tools and boards up a 20 foot ladder. Then you forget something back on the ground. Then the battery on the cordless drill goes dead. If no pain then no gain, but not to worry, i have numerous sore muscles and a smashed finger. I bowhunted from it a couple days ago before it was finished (and before i got too wore out to hunt). Saw five deer from there. They were 55 yards away and out of range. But Monday is rifle season, so maybe their luck will change.

Plinker

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been seriously considering the same thing in Northern BC where I was last Sept. The problem is that the place is 15 hours one way! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote