New
Find
Notify
Tools

looking for a tree stand
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Last year I got my stand stolen, it was chained to the tree and weighed about 75 pounds (home made ladder). this year I only had one stand and ended up moving it alot. I thought that someone was making a stand that had five brackets for five different trees, and your stand can be moved from tree to tree and hung on those brackets. Has anyone seen these stands and were do you find them? I need some thing I can put up quickly and quitely. I use a climing stick and a api hanging stand currently. The area that I hunt is public so I cant use the screw in steps.
It sure would be nice if people would respect each others property I wouldnt worry about having stands left up for several weeks at a time.

Posts: 47 | Location: NW Iowa | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've lost many stands to thieves. The worst part about it is that the people doing it are also hunters. In one area I lost two one season. The third one only lasted, I think, because I wrapped some road flares to look like a TNT charge, faked some det cord, caps, and a pull device-looking thing attached to the chain. I topped it off with a Mr. Yuck sticker. It was a joke more than anything. You have to maintain a sense of humor.

...then I bought a tree suit and I'll never go back to a hang up stand again. It's such a hassle.

http://www.treesuit.com/

If you get a place where you can use tree steps, then it's even better... unless some dirty scumbag steals those too as has happened to me.

Posts: 6545 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote