New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can you feel it?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well, Here in Ohio we only have 8 Days till opening day. I can feel and smell the season in the air, and can't wait to strap myself to a tree. I was just wondering when and what everyone is hunting this year.

Posts: 117 | Location: Newark, Oh, USA | Registered: 14 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BBTURTLE
posted Hide Post
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... Be very very quiet. I'm hunting Wabbit. [Wink]

I'm like you are right now. I will be hunting PA next Saterday ( White tail ). I have been given a great spot and can't wait.
Good luck!
Turtle [Cool]

Posts: 1115 | Location: SE PA | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am hopeful to be in Ohio around Halloween for a couple of weeks. The season is in here but I always look forward to my midwest jaunts the most.

The pursuit of a 150+ class animal is what turns my keys. I'm leaning toward giving Muskingum Co a looksee this year. [Smile]

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Dalton>
posted
My wife and I will be deer hunting next weekend here in Missouri. I'm hoping she will take her first deer this year. I can't wait to get out there! [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Our season opens 10/1 and I'm ready to go.

Won't get to hunt till the weekend, but that's O.K. The hunting doesn't start getting real good till later in October anyway.

I really like bowhunting those first few, crisp, frosty mornings. The deer even seem like they like it a lot better too.

Posts: 199 | Location: North Central Indiana | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I won't get to hunt whitetails this year but me and a couple of buddies stuck 3 hogs yesterday. Great fun.

Posts: 498 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Me, I'm just waitin' like you guys for oct 1!

Anyone hunting in pike or calhoun county, Illinois this season?

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NCBOWMAN,
If you make it to Muskingum county this year give me a yell, I hunt there every year. I only live about 20 minutes from Dillon State Park. If you want to get together and tell some lies while you're here, let me know. Good Luck either way!

Posts: 117 | Location: Newark, Oh, USA | Registered: 14 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well it looks like almost everyone is waiting for deer season(no big surprise!)I am also just patiently waiting.........7days, 13hrs, 41 minutes till legal shooting time!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow Morning!!!!!!! Yeaaaaah Baby [Razz] [Razz]
Found a scrape line that has 14 clean scrapes in 300 yds. His rubbing branches are right at 6'.
To top it off I have the whole archery season off. [Big Grin]
Good luck to all this season, hope y'all get one of a lifetime.

[ 09-28-2002, 07:31: Message edited by: Nutoy ]

Posts: 268 | Location: God's Country, East Tex. USA | Registered: 08 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
Here in Texas the bow season opend today, Saturday the 28th of Sept. It was only in the low 90's!!!!!!
My son and I spent the day scouting the Hagerman Wildlife Reserve in North Texas. He was lucky enough to get drawn..... I did not. This was his first year to apply, by the way!
A guy took the new number 1 bow kill in Texas off this place last year. He is on the cover of Buckmasters, July August issue. He went 215 6/8 Irregular BTR. They take monsters off there most every year.
My son's hunt will be Nov 15, 16 and 17. We also will be hunting Missouri this year. Its always our back-up plane when we do not get drawn for Kansas. Still dont know why Kansas just wont open the hunting up and get rid of the drawing?????? They have plenty of critters to go arround.
I hope everyone has a great season. Be safe and have a ball, and dont forget to report in!
>>>-bo-n-aro-->

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote