THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Re: Help With Bow Selection

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Help With Bow Selection
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I agree with these comments, as they are right on. You need to go to a quality pro shop and try several different brands and models. Even within a brand, you might not like one model and love the next. It's a very personal decision, and you need to see which one feels "right" to you. Trust me, you'll know it when you shoot it, and as a result of finding a bow that fits you will shoot MUCH better than simply going on our recomendation of what you should get. Good luck, and welcome back to the sport. Bowhunting is awesome.

Joe

Posts: 55 | Location: Corunna, MI, USA | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
I DO NOT think bows are like puppys!

Bows are like potato chips, don't even think you can eat(own) just one.

The smarter plan is to buy a used bow have some fun. You are going to buy a 2nd one within 2yrs anyway.

Oh, yes, when you do get your bow just buy 3 dozen arrows right away....you going to need them.

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the information. I have been to my local shop, somewhat dissapointed. I felt I was being sold what the shop had, not what was best for me. I was clear about my budget, but was shown bows costing twice my limit.

Going to visit another shop in the next town down the road. When I first visited the shop, they did some measurements and said 31 inch draw. He had me try many bows with a 30 inch draw, did not feel right.

Search continures.

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JBoutfishn,
take your time! You will appreciate it later
Good Luck!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are so many good bows out there it can be overwelming. Highly recommend going to a good proshop that covers a few of the best brands (mathews, hoyt, bowtec, martin ect). Each shoop will have its perference. Mostly what the guys that work there shoot. But a good place will give you options. While I am shooting a top line Hoyt you do not need to shoot the most expensive to get a good bow these days. The key is to go to a shop that has a good reputation and then deal with a person that knows his stuff.