Find
Notify
Tools

Trophy Ridge Drop Zone
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted
I was hoping some of you had some experience with this rest. I've been using a Whisker Biscuit, and I'm not overly thrilled with the results. It's pretty tough on fletching and I'm getting erratic arrow flight that we can only track to the rest. So I'm off on a quest for another and this Drop Zone has me interested. Can anybody comment on it?

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The drop Zones are good rests. I also like the Trophy Taker and the TKO. There is a guy on www.texasbowhunter.com who has some DropZones that he is selling for $80 shipped. That is a fair price.

Posts: 167 | Location: Rockwall (Dallas), TX | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is the Drop Zone the type that doesn't have a string that connects to your cable? I shoot an Oneida and I was looking for a trap door or fall away that didn't have a string or cable. I wanted to start shooting carbon arrows and I'm shooting a two proonged Bo Doodle now. Thanks Chain

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I shoot the Trophy Taker myself and am very happy with ot. A budy of mine shoots the drop zone and is thinking of switching to mine. Hope that helps.

Posts: 3 | Location: Mt, USA | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chain:
Is the Drop Zone the type that doesn't have a string that connects to your cable? I shoot an Oneida and I was looking for a trap door or fall away that didn't have a string or cable. I wanted to start shooting carbon arrows and I'm shooting a two proonged Bo Doodle now. Thanks Chain

Dear Chain,

IMHO only the trap door is not triggered by a string, inertia makes it work.
Since I rigged a Drop Zone on my Mathews LX up my grouping are fantastic. For anything I'll change this wonderful dropping rest.
BTW, it's not noisy but I am brainstorming about what to wrap around so as to get an absolutely silent rest.????? Fabric, leather???

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quality Archery

This is an excellent drop away rest.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The drops zones are great. I shoot a whisker Biscut because I like the security in a tree stand. You definintly get some opening in your groups at 40 yards though. Which model WB do you have? If your selling I may take it off your hands.

one of us
posted Hide Post
jbderunz,

I am going to try it on my Oneida. I use teflon strips on my Bo Doodle. Quiet and easy to use. I buy it in sheets that are about 3"X5" at the archery store. It works really well.

Chain

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The TT Rests are very popular at the Bushnell Outdoors site. I was using a Quiktune800 but switched to a WB as I can't see well enough to shoot beyond about 30 yds anywho! Sides, I kept losing the danged arrow at the most inoportune times. Frowner derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote