THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Is this a good buy on this particular bow?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is this a good buy on this particular bow?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Arkapigdiesel
posted
I know a fella that has an '03 PSE Thunderbolt with some sort of a Limb Savers noise dampening system on it (I believe he says that it goes over the bolts that screws into the risers maybe), has a whisker biscuit arrow rest, and will come with 10 carbon arrows. According to him, the bow is in excellent shape. I will look at it in the next couple of days. He is asking $250 for the setup. Is that good or not?

Posts: 91 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 07 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Sorry, not familiar with that line.

Some general Q's: Is the draw length right for you? How many pounds pull?

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Ark,

I wouldn't pay that much for it personally. The thunderbolt bows are pretty cheap when brand new. They are great bows but, they don't cost much. Just about any bow PSE makes is pretty good.

I have a good huntin' buddy that just bought a 2001 Mathews rigged out for 325 shipped and Mathews has a much better resale than PSE.

If I were you, I'd monitor ebay for a while and see what you could come up w/.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktail53
posted Hide Post
APD,
I suggest that you go here http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/ and check out their classified section to see what bows are going for.
There are some great folks there that eat, breath and sleep archery and they can probably help you with your price question.
The bow I personaly own is $700+ new, I got it for $450, it had been used 3 months for 3D shoots while the guy waited for his colored target bow to arrive.
Good luck. BT53

Elk, it's what's for dinner..

Posts: 267 | Location: So. Oregon | Registered: 11 June 2004Reply With Quote