THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    TX Hoghunting -- need recomendation

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TX Hoghunting -- need recomendation
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted
Just lost (sold) our place (Texas) to hunt the hogs -- need recommendations and or referral for a new location. We like doing our own hunt with a little assistance from the rancher but not into the lodge and fancy meal thing. Would appreciate a PM as to any recommendations
Thanks in advance
gvwoodman@msn.com

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 926 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 498 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are looking for a place that will let you take your own 4 wheelers, hunt on your own, that sort of thing you can talk to Zach Willeford at Hearts Bluff.He is the Biologist and runs the place. We hunt there often enough he will let us use an area of the ranch to bow-gun hunt that no one is on, you don't want to be where someone else might be and have an accident or worse, they have houses, to cabins you can rent, do your own cooking, etc. At least we get to do it that way.If you are the only one there you can pretty much have the run of the whole place. I am not sure what their maximum number of hunters is but it is all fair chase and we have a high success rate there. Look at it at www.heartsbluff.com You can get his phone number off the web page and maybe work something out, they keep feeders filled and working and many with web cameras so they know when and where the pigs are, hope that helps

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Woodmnctry,

I can't remember the name of the place but, they emailed me a month or so back offering free hog hunts. I looked into it a bit and what it boiled down to was they were over run with the little pest and were trying to kill them off. They did charge alittle for game care, small fee for a guide, and I believe lodging was optional. Even with paying those small fees it was dirt cheap.

Do a search on Yahoo for free hog hunts and see what you come up with.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
www.Sweetwatercreekbowhunt.com

I am pretty sure that is the link. It is a great place to bowhunt.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted sweetwater creek also, it is near Decatur Tx, not sure of that spelling. They have other game, exotics there as well but it is a high fenced ranch less than 1000 acres. I shot a red stagg there and my buddy shot a goat of some variety. I saw a good deal of game but not pigs while I was there pig hunting. There were nice facilities there andthey pretty much let you hunt on your own. The plus is besides pigs, it provides post whitetail season opportunities. drwes

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote