THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Glow-In-The-Dark Gap Marks for your bow

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glow-In-The-Dark Gap Marks for your bow
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted
Glow-In-The-Dark Gap Marks for your bow

In the following pix you’ll see where I put a piece of ScotchTape on the back of the riser window and then use LiquidPaper for gap marks until I get the marks where I want them. You can scratch the LiquidPaper off with your thumbnail and paint on a new gap mark in a matter of seconds.

When you get the gap marks where you want them- put a piece of masking tape on the back of the riser window and make marks that match your finished LiquidPaper marks. Now you can peel of the old piece of ScotchTape and put on a new piece. I never mark directly on the finish of the bow. The ScotchTape works fine, never comes off and is easy to remove without leaving a mark on the bow.

I’m a photographer by trade and have a little sheet of this glow–in-the-dark tape material from the photography store. I use it to put glow-in-the-dark marks all over my darkroom so I can find focusing knobs, light switches, etc.. in the dark.
I use the same material and cut off 4 little pieces and put them on the new ScotchTape to match the marks on the masking tape. To help keep them from getting rubbed off I smear/dab a little FletchTite fletching glue all around the edges of the marker.

To help explain what I see when I sight- my eye is just slightly to the left of the string. In my sight picture the string runs up&down the back of the riser window where the gap marks are. I'm focused on sighting down the arrow for my left&right adjustment and the marks are in my peripheral vision to the right. The gap marks simply give me my elevation.

These are incredible when you’re hunting in low light or dark. If you can get even a close estimate of your range to the target you should never be more than a couple of inches high or low with the first arrow. They are great for hog hunting !!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Capt Jack,

Thanks for this tip. I'm going to use it. I also really like the home archery range set up. I'm going to take some ideas from that for my own practice.

Steve

Posts: 1723 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
I like your idea. I don't like to use sight pins to much stuff in the way. I don't have any problem with left and right but getting the elevation has been a problem.

I think your idea would work great for bow fishing less stuff to get the line tangled in.

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote