New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: crossbow selection
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Man Am I gettin sick of those crosseyedbows.Yes I've owned them,including all the xcallibur line.There almost to easy to operate.They demand no diiligence.Their like the average guy grabbing his 30/30 a store bot box of ammo on sale,and wounding everything he sees.There were five deer/crossbow encounters this year in this area 4 wounds,and one clean miss.Thank god that guy was even more grossly out of tune than his buddies with the equipment.Given the chance,its human nature to take the easy way out and not practise.That attitude can be gotten away with with a crossbow.There was only one fool around here that still shoots a compound and starts practicing in may every year.He became so at one with the bow due to necessity that when his little buck wouldnt come all the way out at 32 yds he had no second thought about sticking it through the animals neck.We've come to think of crossbows as 40 yard rifles,and therefore have not given them the time required.Proof of this is the up surge in bow hunting.This upswing happened at the same time crossbows got refined.Take a look at that in light of our busy lives,and I think an easy parallel can be drawn.The venison tastes good,and I think I'll stick with the bow cause it forces me to make time.One more thing,I went back to a bow,cause all the stuff I shot with a crossbow,it never felt like I had truly shot it with a bow.

one of us
posted Hide Post
If I merely got on the short bus to school,would it have DEMANDED the same level of practice, skill,or appendage developement as driving myself on a motorcycle would have?Its statistically proven that people will take the easy way.If thats a crossbow in this case so be it.The shooting of a bow does require more time and practise,that is more apt to lead to accuracy at the end.The difference here is sinilar to store bought,ready to go 30/30,and a box of factory loads.Or a guy who buys everything from gun to scope to reload components ,and lives at the range getting it right.There is a way of thinking for each person.There is also a way of thinking that each equipment will allow.In todays fast paced world,the one that will allow pick up and go without thought,shouldnt be there.

one of us
posted Hide Post
i've hunted with a excaliber exomag for the past 3 years
i would highly recommend it

Posts: 102 | Location: southeast b.c. | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote