THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Re: Update on proposed Compound bow ban

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Update on proposed Compound bow ban
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted
DAMN I'm glad I'm from & live in Texas!
has Australia completely lost it?
I've shot archery my whole life. I started out shooting in competition in the mid 50s and started shooting my first compounds in competition in 1970.
I prefer to hunt with my handmade recurves but I still keep one very nice hunting compound.
Compound bows make the learning curve in archery much easier. I won't preach to the choir but they make better archers. They really make better bowhunters. We all know that we shouldn't really take a shot past 40yds but you definitely get a flatter trajectory with a compound and usually have a much better chance of a good kill zone hit with a compound than you would with a recurve- unless you put in the time at the practice butt with your recurve...
My friends from Queensland are gonna freak! (they all think they're Texans anyway) after the gun ban and now compounds they'll probably be imigrating to Texas...

..keep us posted on how this plays out..
.guess I need to send some emails to my buds..
best of luck?

one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
Who dreams this stuff up?

For a country with a real problem with introduced species like Boar, Water Buff, Etc. Etc. one would think you'd be more hunter friendly.

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote