THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Can we talk Target Bows...?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can we talk Target Bows...?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Sure-Loc or Toxonics sights?

I got new strings made at the local shop for my old Hoyt Alpha-Tec this week. Remember them? This one is a 50-60lb with a 31" draw, the silver and black spiderweb pattern. I bought it from the local Hoyt Pro a year after he got it. New bow time for him, and me too! It had a Toxonics sight with a Fat Boy oval scope housing and lens. State of the art for 2004. Shooting last week the one string started to fray a bit. I bump the bow on the rack and it falls off. Right on the Fat Boy of course. Broke the glass and polycarbonate housing. I do have my spare, and stick it on. I called Toxonics today after I got the scope on and sights adjusted at 20. I glued the housing back together, and ordered a new 6X glass. $25 bucks.

To the point: those of you with experience with both, which would be your choice today? Prices are within $20, the only major choice is whether to buy the Black Eagle by Sure-Loc and pony up $350+ for the Swarovski Lens Diopters.

What say you all? And why...

thanks,

Rich
Monster 7 up ahead about two months.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote