Find
Notify
Tools

Gorilla Blue for Fletching
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted
On page 30 of the July issue of the American Hunter magazine it mentions under "gearing up" that Gorilla glue makes a good fletching cement. Has anyone tried this? I've used Gorilla glue and it seems kind of thick to use for fletching.

I'm tired of buying a tube of fletching cement to fletch a few arrows then have the glue harden up by the time I need it again.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2306 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
There are two types of gorilla glue. One is the foaming type that is a urathane base glue. Don't use it for fletching. The other type is a white glue that is similar to crazy glue. That is the type they must be using for fletching.

I would believe that once opened it will dry up also if not sealed properly.

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
go to the Dollar Store and buy the small packs of super glue gel,cheap, works great, very little waste.

troy

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tips. I didn't know there were two types of Gorilla glue. I'm only familiar with the regular type and didn't know they also make a "super glue" type. The author of the article should have been a more specific.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2306 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've tried just about every glue for fletching made over the years an right now I'm trying Maxium @$6.99/bottle from Lancaster Archery...and it works no better on carbon than the $1.75 for 2 tubes of Crazy Glue which fletches 2 dz shafts an throw away what's left.

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote