New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: tree stand
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
There are many excellent tree stands. Summit, API, Old Man and Lone Wolf are all good.

If I were only buying only one, it would definitely be a climber. I use an API grand slam climber which works great, is safe & comfortable. Would highly recommend it.

Although there are some trees a climber won't work on, there are a whole bunch they will work on. I've never had much trouble finding a spot to hunt with mine. Keep a pocket saw to trim a few limbs on the way up and you're good to go.

The main advantage of hang on stands is that you can slip in and be up your tree in a jiffy, with minimal noise or time expended. I allow another 20 minutes each trip to set up my climber.

I'd hate to be limited to just one hang on stand. You need to move around as necessary, based on wind direction, and hang ons don't allow it. I'd have several of these at various locations.

I usually have about a dozen stands set each fall in different locations, so I have several options regardless of wind direction, plus the mobility of a climber. I'll never hunt a stand two sittings in a row, either.

Posts: 199 | Location: North Central Indiana | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote