THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Anyone Own or Shoot "the Truth"?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Own or Shoot "the Truth"?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of The Shottist
posted
I just purchased one in 70# draw. After testing 8 or 9 bows, something about the Truth felt right. Blazing fast. I was shooting 1 and 2 inch groups at the store before I bought it. Basically, I want to know what, if any, mods or changes more experienced shooters have done to improve their bow.

I am curious, it seemed to have more vibration than the Black Ice, but less noise and it definitely shot faster. I noticed the limbs were not cranked all the way tight, the pivot is designed that way (?) but the guy at the store cranked the limb bolt down and the vibration disappeared. He check the draw and it went up to 76#. My groups instantly tightened by about a half inch as well. Will it hurt the bow shooting it this way (since it was designed as a pivot limb desgn) or should I not worry about it?
Second, I tried the bow originally with a stabilizer, but found that I shot better (smaller groups) with out it. I also liked the lesser weight of the bow without the stabilizer. Do some other people also dislike stabilizers? Are they a personal choice type of add-on?
I've only been shooting for 3 weeks, so this is all new to me. I had a Martin bow, but was unhappy with it and Bass Pro allows returns within a month, so I took it back and decided on the Truth (did not like the Black Ice).

Thanks in advance for your help.

If your hunting dog is fat, then you aren't getting enough exercise. Smiler

Posts: 598 | Location: currently N 34.41 W 111.54 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With Quote