THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    All Traditional Bowhunt in Africa

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All Traditional Bowhunt in Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For those who hunt with stick and string, my company is conducting an all traditional bowhunt and rendezvous in South Africa in 2011, most likely August. This event will consist of five days hunting, two days of socializing (fun shoots, seminars, etc.) followed by five more days of hunting. In addition to the American hunting clientele, I have invited (and both have accepted) Johnny Snyman and Rean Steenkamp to attend the social days. Johnny is highly regarded as the one of best bowyers in South Africa and has designed and provided bows as well as cast training for the movies, "10,000 BC", "Scorpion King 2," and the TV series "Crusoe." He will be on hand to display some of his creations. Rean Steenkamp is one of the most accomplished bowhunters in Africa and is also the editor of "Africa's Bowhunter and Archer" magazine. Both men will be great additions to the event. Specific dates are in the works and more details forthcoming but anyone interested in attending and hunting can email me at moodykcl@yahoo.com or hunt@kenmoody.com and I'll respond to your questions.

Ken Moody

Posts: 149 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That sounds like lots of fun....10 days hunting just what trad hunters need-lots of time. how about posting some ball park prices and a little about the area you intend to hunt.

Something else that would be cool to include would be "alternative" hunting methods. We don't all spot and stalk and we all don't sit wateholes. I had good sucess calling kudu during the rut and just sitting game trails etc.

keep us posted!

the chef

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You may opt to hunt as you wish but obviously, hunting from an elevated or ground hide over water or feed will provide the most opportunities. You may book a daily rate hunt at $300 per day plus trophy fees or book a package hunt. We have seven day and ten day packages with our most popular being the Superbow Package consisting of ten hunting days and trophy fees on five animals as follows: kudu, gemsbok, zebra, wildebeest, red hartebeest (pick two), blesbok, impala, warthog (pick two), and duiker or steenbok for $4995.

Ken Moody

Posts: 149 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote