THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    after 24 years of shooting a bow I bought my first Darton

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

after 24 years of shooting a bow I bought my first Darton
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well I had to sell my Hoyt Pro Tec this past winter for food money (not working and food cam first) and figured when it came close to bow hunting season I would see what I could scrounge up for cash and see what I could get... well did some searching on line and stopped at a few shops .. went to a shop I use to work for and chatted with the boss man he showed me some bows that he would cut me a deal on and nothing really I could afford ..

so he is showing me around his new shop and such and a bow caught my eye it was a 2009 Darton Pro 2500 all black 50-60 lbs. and 29" draw it was perfect ...But I have never owed a Darton before ... and was kind of leary and they never really appealed to me( been a Hoyt fan my whole life)... he said he had dragged that bow to shows packaged it up and even dropped the price several times and he could not get any one to buy it... so was thinking to my self well no one wants it .. it looks ok to me but it is all black and I hunt out of ground blinds it would work ok for me so asked how much would it be to get it out of his sight .... He gave me a offer I could not refuse... so I got it ... today I get it all set up and started to shoot it is very smooth to draw and nice a quite very accurate the back wall is very solid ...

so thought let see how fast it goes (I was thinking high 280s) I shot 5 arrows out of it for a avg of 305 FPS so weighed up the arrows at 350grs on the nose and the bow pulled in at 62lbs.. NOT BAD AT ALL 40grs over IBO and 305 FPS very happy with that... I think when I get working again and get some more cash flow the Pro 3800 is going to be my next one.

I have owned Hoyt, Mathews, PSE, Martin, Merlin, Bow Tech, Diamond (before bow tech got them and after), Browning , Reflex, High country, Parker, Fred Bear, Golden Eagle, Jennings, Bowman and a few that most people have never heard of…… And this Darton Is a very nice bow why did it take me so long to get one ????

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
That is good to hear that you are back in the Archery game. I was surprised to hear about the Darton pulling those numbers. I guess pretty much any bow made these days are lightyears ahead of what was on the shelf 10 or even 5 years ago.

Makes my Mathews Drenalin feel old! Smiler

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3319 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice story. Best of luck with the Bow.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
ive never shot one either, but one of the guys in our club is a darton dealer and absolutely loves them. they are pretty speedy bows. but i couldnt put the bowtech destroyer down when i was testing bows last year, so thats what i went home with.

thats very impressive speed with a 350 gr arrow at 60lbs

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been around the archery game since back in the 1960s an have owned most every brand of bow as I buy a new one every year or two. what i've found is that every bow company produces equipment comparable to eachother's price grouping..that's to say for around $300-$400 they all make a bow that performs about equally, the same goes for the $400-$600 range and such all the way up.
One thing for certain even a $250 bow today is light years ahead of what we shot in 1961 when I started using archery gear. Not to mention arrow shafts, shooting releases, etc.
With all that said I still enjoy shooting my 1973 Bear 3 pc takedown @ 70#/28"

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine shoots 3D, and has turned down sponsorships so he can continue shooting Darton bows. He loves them.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I brought dartons best back in 95 I have killed a lot of deer with it.

The newest bows are even better . Brought I used 2 yoa matthews Last year all set up arrows sights ect for 300.00.

It is a better bow then my old darton ut I bet the new dartons are better also.

I had both out shooting in the last couple of days I could kill deer with both.

All are much better then the long bow I started shooting in 64.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry!

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote