THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Anyone else shooting the Dream Season X Force

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else shooting the Dream Season X Force
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted
Curious if anyone else is shooting this bow. I've found it to be an awesome bow that would do well as a target bow also. I've been shooting mine out to 100 yards and have been very surprised at the grouping I've been able to get. Looking forward to the next turkey shoot at the local range. I have to shoot using the bubble level for 100 yards so I'll have to rig up a pin to see how well it will actually do at that distance.
Take good care,
Dave

Posts: 1247 | Location: Sechelt B.C. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
The X-force has my attention.

I haven't owned a PSE in YEARS and frankly though I believe they make decent bows I haven't considered them a leader for a long time.

I scoffed when I saw the sub 7inch brace height on the X-Force. For me that was enough excuse not to ever try and shoot one. Short brace heights are a PIA! (Pain In the Arm!)

Now a friend of mine whom I respect a lot has one. He says I gotta try one! Apparently this bow is more than just a speedy arrow flinger. It's a bonafide shooter too.

He's saying the same things you are. Plus this bow is apparently stunningly quiet. So I'm going to start paying serious attention and actually check one out when I get a chance.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
You can always get the Dream Season X force which has the 7 inch brace height. That's the one I'm shooting. Zero recoil and quiet. The quiet part is what I really liked. I put on one of the string catchers with the super soft rubber and it made it even quieter. I think all the high IBO figures come from the X force with the 6 inch brace height. I have my pins set at 20, 30, 40, 50 and 70 yards and h I've modified my site with a drop pin that I'm going to sight in at 100 yards. The twenty to 70 are for hunting and the 100 pin is for fun as well as solid shooting form. Like I mentioned I want to enter the next turkey shoot which is five shots off hand at 100 yards with my bow, shooting against the rifle shooters. It should be good fun.
Take good care,
Dave

One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
Right at 7" is where I admittedly start have serious problems shooting.

However, I just found out PSE is making a LD (Long Draw) model X-Force this year. Since I shoot at least 31 inches most comfortably this is good news even better this bow is capable of up to 33 inch draw lengths! Plus it has a 8 1/2" Brace height which suddenly makes this bow very attractive to me.

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
They are smokin' fast bows. I test shot one when I bought my Mathews and it just wasn't near the bow as the Mathews for me personally, but still a nice bow.

The short brace height bothered me as well. If PSE could get a better brace height and keep the other features, they'd have a winner for sure.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
Hi Reloader
I've heard that the Mathews bows are pretty nice but there isn't a dealer near here. The dream Season has the 7 inch brace height and I'm getting 303 fps with a 402 grain arrow at 65 lbs. I used to think if you bought a 70 lbs bow that it would turn up to 72 or 74 lbs but apparently that isn't the case with the new bows. I shoot mine at 65 lbs because it is absolutely maxed at 70 lbs but only gains a few fps which isn't worth the extra pull. I put one of those string catchers on my bow and it is so quiet now you could hear a mouse fart over it. That was one of the big selling features for me. I'm able to shoot tight groups even at 70 yards so I don't know what could make it any better for me.
Take good care,
Dave

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you have a real sweet shooting rig Dave, Congrats. I wish my Mathews would push a 400grn arrow at that speed, The last I chronoed it I was getting around 295.

I'm not that great of a shot with a bow. As long as I can get a groups at 25 and 30 that I can wrap my fingers around, I'm tickled. The bow is most likely capable of much more, but I just keep my shots to 30 and feel confident when in the field.

I know a few folks that can shoot at the longer ranges and it's always nice to watch them shoot. Guess my nerves just aren't up to the task.

Have a Good One,

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470 Mbogo:
Hi Reloader
I've heard that the Mathews bows are pretty nice but there isn't a dealer near here. The dream Season has the 7 inch brace height and I'm getting 303 fps with a 402 grain arrow at 65 lbs. I used to think if you bought a 70 lbs bow that it would turn up to 72 or 74 lbs but apparently that isn't the case with the new bows. I shoot mine at 65 lbs because it is absolutely maxed at 70 lbs but only gains a few fps which isn't worth the extra pull. I put one of those string catchers on my bow and it is so quiet now you could hear a mouse fart over it. That was one of the big selling features for me. I'm able to shoot tight groups even at 70 yards so I don't know what could make it any better for me.
Take good care,
Dave

Yes and no about the 70lb max comment. Most bows nowadays have a set screw that limits your poundage setting. They can be in different locations but they usually require you to remove the limbs from the bow to access them. You can adjust them to get more or less adjustment. A really good pro shop will adjust these so that the Max is per label when they replace strings and cables. Some guys like them adjusted so they "lock in" a sub-max set up like you have. I don't worry about it but it might be useful.

5lbs of draw weight adjustment really should gain you a lot more than a "few fps". If it doesn't, you probably have spine issues with those arrows at that poundage. Both overspine and underspine conditions will rob you of potential speed.

one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
5lbs of draw weight adjustment really should gain you a lot more than a "few fps". If it doesn't, you probably have spine issues with those arrows at that poundage. Both overspine and underspine conditions will rob you of potential speed.

Posts[/quote
My arrows should be the correct spine. They are Gold tip Hunter XT 7595's at 28.5 inches with 100 grain tips. My bow is set at 66 lbs and 30 inch draw length. To turn my bow from 66 lbs to the 69 or 70 lbs it takes about three turns and flattens out the rubber bushing under the linb bolts. It takes the arrow speed from 303 to 309 fps.
Take good care
Dave

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
My Mathews Switchback is 60 to 70 lb bow, and is set at its max, which measures 73 lbs.

I don't know if it applies to other new bows, but it seems at least the Mathews will max a little higher than spec.

I am pretty sure the new Bow Techs are the same.

Cheers,
Chris

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
They did put Winners Choice strings and cables on it so maybe they need a few twists to shorten them up a little. That would bring the max poundage up a bit.
Take care,
Dave

one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
Hi FiveBigBores
Times really do change. My last bow was an 80 lb. High Country Supreme and my X Force is faster at 66 lbs. I put one of those rigs on my bow that catch your bow string and it has even made it quieter. I bought the bow because of how quiet it was. If you do your part you will be surprised at how accurate the X Force can be. Have fun with it.
Take care,
Dave