THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Advice ; Bow for My 10 years old Kid.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advice ; Bow for My 10 years old Kid.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted
Hi, Guys, Im a a Handgun & rifleman Hunter, and I have O experience with Bows, I have to purchase a bow for My litle Kid (10 years old)
He has enought force to pull a cord with a 20 lbs weight, What Brand,? How many lbs? draf, sights, Arrows, for a nice compound bow, only a good quality bow, Not a China toy, Any suggestions, Thanks a Lot, Kind Regards Guillermo

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i beleave mathews makes some nicer youth/childrens bows +/- 20#. also the diamond edge is available in a youth set up that can be upgraded to a fullsized/wieght bow.

Posts: 27 | Location: sc | Registered: 10 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I started my boys out with recurves.

I wanted them to focus on learning and understanding the flight of the arrow before shooting compounds. Now they're about grown and have better things to do, but both of em are deadly with compounds.

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bert01; ncBoman, Many thanks I will see what can I found in Browning, Matheus,Bear, Hoyt and other manufacturer at the website. Kind Regards Guillermo.

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
also look at mission archery, they are owned by mathews. they also make good youth bows.

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i actually shoot a mision now they are great bows for the money.

Posts: 27 | Location: sc | Registered: 10 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Diamond Razor Edge. Full setup for around $330. Adjustable from about 22-27 inch draw, maybe more. And 20-50 pounds. I'm getting one for the lady.

Posts: 55 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cooperjd,bert01, Steve A, Thanks; My Kid and I really apreciatte Your advices,if I can help You in any way (Advices on Hunting in SouthAmerica) Let Me now, Kind Regards; Guillermo