THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    A good ending to a good season......

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A good ending to a good season......
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted
I decided to pull the bow back out for some late season bow hunts and as luck would have it my plan came together.

During the evening Jan. 8th I climbed the same tree that I had scored on an 8pt & doe during early October. At 5:30pm I heard some deer running around a couple hundred yards in the distance. Before long 4 doe broke out into the open running straight for me. As the doe came closer I could hear more deer coming and two bucks poped out. The bucks chased the does right under my tree but, they both hung up about 25 yards out facing straight towards me. Onr of the does busted me and snorted but, the bucks didn't budge. The does all meandered off and the bucks started to make a loop around my stand. I had an opening at 30 yards and it was going to be crunch time. When the back buck walked past the opening I "Let er' Fly" and the arrow struck towards thew rear of the lungs. The buck ran about 25 yards and stopped for about 15 sec then, stumbled about 15 more yards.

The buck turned out to be a small 6pt. but, a fine deer w/ the ole' stick & string.

A nice way to end the season.

Good Luck!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess it's not over til' the fat lady sings.

The season last til' the end of January so, I decided to go and sit in the rain Friday afternoon. Saw five does. Most of them were out of range then, I looked to my right and here came another. The yearling doe came about 20-23 yards from my tree turned broadside and I "Let er' Fly." Another deer to top off the Freezer. I've got the meat soaking in salty ice water. Those little hams are gonna be good. I think I might put some Cajun Injector in one and put it on the pit later this week.

4 deer from the same tree this year, I believe I'll keep on climing that one in the seasons to come.

Good Luck!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I'd try that tree again next year. Good job.

JD

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote