THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Re: Should I stay or should I go???Their not there

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Should I stay or should I go???Their not there
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted
charger

I have multiple stands & blinds

I try to have them all in place before the season starts.

I try not to move around my hunting area unless I have to.

I try to get to my stands or blinds from the back and not the game trails or choke point that I'm hunting.

In south Texas we build brush ground blinds

one of us
posted Hide Post
Charger,

Yesterday i moved my stand for a similar reason. This stand, even though it is a climber, was fixed up with camo burlap, a camo umbrella, and a fixed in place stik ladder. Lot of work to move all that, so this time i'm leaving it a plain climber, so i can easily move it again if need be.

If you know of a better place, then move the stand there and come back to this other place later. They say not to hunt the same stand everyday. If you don't want to move the stand, maybe you can just lay off about a week and go back and see what happens. Good luck.

Plinker

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The place I've put up my stand does very little to nothin untill it snows a bit.Then they come off the fields and in to my spot for heavy cover and acorns.So although I,m anxious and I'm going out anyway,I'm thinking maybe best layoff untill their there in ernest.Probly just leaving scent for nothing .Whats the opinion,am I doing harm by going out,when really my chances are grossly reduced?