New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parker Bows?
 Login/Join

<Al Smith>
posted
I plan on getting a new bow in the next couple of months. A friend of mine loves his Parker. Any one else have any experience with these bows? Good or Bad?

Thanks,

Al

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will make one suggestion. Go to a pro shop and shoot as many different kinds(brands and models) of bows as possible. Choose the one that feels best to you.

Good Luck!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I've been shooting my Parker Ultra Lite Pro for 2 years now. I've taken it to Africa twice and done lots of deer hunting, varmints, 3-D shooting and still can't complain. They make a nice product. It's the hottest seller at my friends archery shop.

Posts: 19172 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dave Jenkins
posted Hide Post
I have been shooting a Prem. Mag for a little over two years and I like it just fine. I did take a dremel tool to the grip in order to thin it down a bit though.
Dave

Posts: 569 | Location: VA, USA | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
I would suggest one of the following: Mathews, Mathews, Mathews, or a Mathews.
I have shot many brands of bows over the last 30 years and would not consider any other bow at this time. I have 2 that I shoot at this time and my first one (the 3rd) is being shot by my son.
I shoot 3D's and hunt everything and everywhere I can, from pigs to Wildebeests.
I do not know one person that has bought a Mathews that did not love it!
Some models fit one person better than the next, but they have all the bases covered.
Like "amosgreg" suggest, go to a pro shop and shoot before you buy.
Do yourself a big favor and give one a try.

[ 10-17-2002, 21:55: Message edited by: bo-n-aro ]

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BBTURTLE
posted Hide Post
bo-n-aro

I had one and got rid of it. In the words of a shop owner in Minnesota "guys are sellin' 'um". My buddy likes his but only for 3D shoots. I shoot a BowTech and Darton and find them great! Again if you get a bow that fits you must acquit.
There is a very good shot here ( no names D )and he shoots a $150 bow better than his $750 bow. It is fit and then shooter and then bow.
My 2cents.

Turtle [Cool]

Posts: 1115 | Location: SE PA | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Orphanedcowboy>
posted
I have a Parker UL31 and it is light, compact, fast and very accurate, I also have a Legacy, and I bought the Parker for a back up, but find myself carrying the Parker more because it is so light,fast, and accurate. Not that the Legacy isn't fast or accurate, but the Parker is nearly 2 pounds lighter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Parker FeatherMag II.

Best bow I have ever owned....and the prettiest.

My friends all shoot Mathews but they call me the bowman. [Wink]

http://www.parkerbows.com/

[ 10-18-2002, 08:26: Message edited by: ncboman ]

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Ol' Sarge>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by amosgreg:
I will make one suggestion. Go to a pro shop and shoot as many different kinds(brands and models) of bows as possible. Choose the one that feels best to you.

Good Luck!

Ditto! Don't worry about brand, they are all good. I have a Hoyt, a Mathews and two PSEs. I prefer the PSEs.