THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Contradictory Bowhunting in Africa Ad

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contradictory Bowhunting in Africa Ad
 Login/Join

<Russ D>
posted
Hi Folks, Just received an email offer of African Hunting where they advertise bowhunting in Africa. Obviously I took notice and explored their site.The first picture was a hunter , bow in hand posing with a leopard. Right below the picture was a list of all the animals that are not permitted with the bow. You guessed it-- leopard . What gives? Russ

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Ruus D,

If this is the photo you are refering too it is a cheetah.

-

I am going to make an educated guess that the client is European as they can import their cheetah trophies and we Americans cannot.

And the ad, which was also spammed to me, is for Namibia and the website does explain the KE and arrow weight needed to hunt various species.

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know, as Leopard is allowed to be taken with Bow in some areas.
What is the web site?
Thanks

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Russ D>
posted
Thanks Ann. That just shows what I know.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
No biggie Russ! The way I look at it if you can blow a hole through a cheetah with an arrow sure as heck could also do so on a leopard. Maybe their reasoning is because the leopards are usually in trees and branches might get in the way of a snap shot. Not really sure why though, just speculating besides the danger factor with an angry leopard if wounded.

I know many people take mountain lions with their bows when they are treed.

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Ann, my answer and yours posted at the same time.
The other issue if you want to call it, that is Leopards are loners and as you are well aware can be hunted like Mountain Lions with dogs or baited. I want to hunt one with the bow and all things considered most blind placements are just as easily hunted based on the distances. A couple PH's I have spoken with say Lions are easier to bait and take than a Leopard but they also require heavier equiptment.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote